A travel authorization is required for any overnight travel, whether in Kansas or out-of-state, as well as for out-of-state day trips (excluding the Kansas City metro area). The travel authorization must be submitted at least two weeks before travel, or as soon as a p-card is charged with any expenses for travel.
- Contact your Admin as soon as you know you’ll be traveling. They will need to know:
- Dates of travel
- Destination and purpose (Example: Des Moines, IA, for in-person meetings with DAISEY partners)
- What travel arrangements you’ll need – hotel, rental car, flights, etc.
- Funding – Admins can’t make any purchases or reservations until they know this, because it affects whether they use KUCR or UKANS p-cards and processes.
- Your Admin will then complete a travel authorization for you.
Last Review/Update: September 2019