When traveling, CPPR staff must pay an authorized government rate for lodging, and they will receive per diem based on destination and time of arrival and departure.
- Per diem allowance covers meals, personal expenses, and tips while traveling on business, and receipts are not required for documentation of per diem allowance.
- Lodging rates may not exceed the allowable amount, unless the traveler is staying at the conference hotel.
- Per diem and government lodging rates can be found online at https://www.gsa.gov/travel/plan-book/per-diem-rates. Rates vary by state, location within state, and month. In the example shown, the allowable lodging rate for Wichita in October is $101 a night. The per diem rate is $61. If your travel includes partial days, the student business team will calculate the correct per diem percentage when finalizing travel paperwork.
- A complete list of KUCR travel policies is at http://research.ku.edu/travel_policies
- If lodging exceeds the government rate (even if for a conference) a form must be completed. Please note on your paperwork so admin and business staff will complete the form before submitting to SSC.
- Hotel prepayment is not allowable on UKANS funds, although a one-night prepayment is allowed when a deposit is required by a hotel.
Last Review/Update: June 2019